Words I Love:
- Apoplectic -- While apoplexy isn't something I'd wish upon a friend, it is a mighty fine word to say and with which to play.
- Decrepit -- When I was young and learning the concept of "root words," I was convinced "crepit" was an actual word. I became obsessed with "crepit" and tried to force it into our lexicon. Alas, I failed. "Decrepit" is as close as I can get.
- Irascible -- I always picture a cross between a pirate and a bulldog growling this word. It amuses me greatly.
- Quixotic -- Part Don Quixote, part Exotic. Yes, yes, that is how my mind smashes concepts together to recall meanings.
- Adz -- It's a logging tool. It's also a three-letter word using the letter Z, which is useful in a myriad of spelling games.
Truly, there is only one word I loathe, but lest you, dear readers, feel deprived, I'll toss in a phrase that ought to be put on a shelf for twenty-five years.
- Vagina -- Nope, I'm not ashamed of my girly bits. Any other term for that particular part of anatomy is fine by me. Cunt, cooch, hooha, twat, hairy taco... any of them. Just. Not. The proper term. Yes, I realize it's irrational. No, it doesn't change my reaction to it.
- "You'll Appreciate This" -- No. No I will not. Stop overusing the phrase. It's become a trigger to tromp a throat.
Dear reader, is there a word you've forgotten yet with which you've become reacquainted? Do share!