Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reverse Playlist

I’ve often twisted a topic so I could blog about music. From my guitars or my band, to my love of rock n roll, my love of movie scores, or my complete adoration of Hans Zimmer…so of course I have playlists. I could insert a boring repeat/conglomeration of those posts. But I won’t.

Nope this is FRESH, NEW info.

Instead of reiterating my music ideas, I’m gonna tell you about the music one of my reader’s shared with me.

There’s this fella, Derek, involved with DragonCon, who read my book. Since I was coming to the convention and appearing on his track, I suppose, there was a bit of online conversation about it. He asked me if I’d ever heard of Celldweller.

“Why no. Who are they?”

He proceeded to tell me that when I talked about Johnny’s band in the books, Celldweller was the band he imagined they sounded like.
So of course I had to check ‘em out and see if I was conveying what I hoped and thought I was.

http://www.celldweller.com/2011/

Two years after, Celldweller played at DragonCon, and Derek made sure I got to see them.

They kicked ass!!!
And that’s a great little intro to…I’m off to DragonCon! I leave tomorrow, but I will be back next week with photos and my annual TOP TEN THINGS I OVERHEARD AT DRAGONCON. It’s a list of random snippets heard in in passing on the escalator, in the gerbil tubes (if you’ve been there, you know exactly what I mean by that) or among the crowds. It’s tidbits that could very likely be innocent in their meaning, but which are usually taken in the worst context by the bit I hear. Cracks me up. But then, I have been told that sometimes I have the toilet-humor-appreciating mind of a 13 year old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment