Monday, November 30, 2015

Finishing touches

This is a simple subject for me. What do I do before I send off a manuscript? Here's the list:
Step one, write manuscript. That's thee one that takes the longest.

Step Two: Write something else. Take at least two weeks.

Step Three: Now that I have cleansed my mental palette and can actually READ a manuscript I have been working on with fresh eyes. I read the entire thing one last time. Often times, this involves changing the font for the MS or even printing it out. Mostly I just change the font. Why? Because time and perspective make a difference in how I look at the final product.

Step Four: Edit as I read.

Done.

Send it.

Here's the manuscript I'm writing right now. I'm editing as I go, because, deadlines.



No comments:

Post a Comment