Saturday, June 6, 2015

Local Conference Events

This is going to be my shortest entry ever, I think, because until recently my day job and general life precluded me from doing much traveling. Unless we want to count NASA conferences, which isn't the topic for this blog today.

I can only mention two local cons. The first would be California Deamin' Writers' Conference, which had its second occurrence this past March. Although I haven't actually been to this one (this year my daughter's wedding conflicted with it), I heard all kinds of raves from my local SoCal author friends. I'm hoping to get there next year because it's so great to have a local event. It runs for three days, with workshops and panels. This year Sylvia Day was one of the keynote speakers.

The other con would only be local for me if I was still living in Huntsville, AL or if I could manage to go visit my family in the area at the right time!It's the Heart of Dixie RWA Chapter's annual Reader's Luncheon (this year also featuring Sylvia Day!). A one day only event, I've always thought it sounded like tons of fun.

So there you have it!

I did have a new release this week - Ghost of the Nile, so if you'll indulge me (because I'm still excited about it), here's the blurb for the new book:

1550 BCE
Betrayed, murdered, and buried without proper ceremony, Egyptian warrior Periseneb is doomed to roam the gray deserts of the dead as a ghost for all eternity.
But then the goddess of truth offers him a bargain: return to the world of the living as her champion for 30 days. If he completes his mission, he’ll be guaranteed entry into Paradise. Periseneb agrees to the bargain but, when he returns to the living world, two hundred years have passed and nothing is quite as he expected.
Neithamun is a woman fighting to hang onto her family’s estate against an unscrupulous nobleman who desires the land as well as the lady. All seems lost until a mysterious yet appealing ex-soldier, Periseneb, appears out of nowhere to help her fight off the noble’s repeated attacks.
Meanwhile, Periseneb’s thirty days are rushing by, and he’s powerless against the growing attraction between himself and Neithamun. But their love can never be. For his Fate is to return to the Afterlife, and Death cannot wed with Life…


No comments:

Post a Comment