Thursday, May 14, 2015

Perils of the Writer: Social Media Minefields

To date, I've largely avoided any sort of serious social media gaffe, on either side of the equation.  But sooner or later, as I put more books out, something is going to happen.  Social Media is a minefield, after all, and if you aren't the one navigating it, then you're going to be the mine.
Like I said, to date, I've not had any real gaffe, at least as far as I know.  There may be some people out there who see my name or that I responded to their tweet and think, "Oh, geez, this guy." But if there are, I'm not aware of it.  I've yet to have someone gun for me, unless you count a three-star review as "gunning for me".  Which I don't.
But like I said, it'll likely happen, sooner or later. And when it does, I'll handle it best I can.  I mean, I've been on the internet for over 20 years now, and I was in a few flame wars back in the day when I was younger and hotheaded, but nowadays?  I'm more than content to let someone be wrong on the internet and be on my own way.
I've got books to write, after all.
---
Next weekend I'll be at ComicPalooza in Houston!  Come say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment