Thursday, January 16, 2014

Zzzzzz.

by Allison Pang

Okay, I admit I'm a bit stumped on this week's topic of the word "Adz." To be honest, I'd never heard of it before, and frankly it's not a word that comes up in casual conversation. Ever.

In fact, when I first saw it, I thought it was one of those weird Z spellings that are so prevalent on the interwebs these days. Like "I've got mad skillz in Call of Duty, yo."

And on an aside note, I'd just finished watching Rock of Ages for the umpteenth time (which is both cheesy and horrible and yet I can never look away when it's on, so whatevs) and that whole part where Drew ends up in a boy-band called Z-Guyeezz. "Double the e, double the z, double the flavah."

Anyway - that's where my mind went, and I'm left sort of wondering why the z-spelling of words became so popular for a while (It's better than s-plural! It's s-plural dialed to 11!")

And I don't have the foggiest clue.  >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment