Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

by Allison Pang

No, I'm not actually having turkey wrapped in bacon...but I'd totally eat it if it was being served.

*ahem*

So, for those of us in the US, today is our Thanksgiving holiday, and regardless of any political meaning, it's usually an excuse for friends and family to gather together and gorge themselves - both on food and company.

Which I intend to do in just a little bit (although my needs are fairly simple this year - I'm not cooking, for which *everyone* is thankful - and I don't have to travel too far either, which is also a good thing.)

But I'll take a moment to reflect here and just say how grateful I am to have been afforded the opportunities I've been given, and for the people I've met and gotten to know this year. There have been some tough times as well - I lost my father-in-law back in April - and additional physical issues, and of course the usual minor hiccups along the way, but overall, I'm happy to be where I am. And truly, I'm thankful for the support from all the lovely people I know who helped me navigate some of the bumpier bumps.

Thanks guys.

How about you? What things are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I would totally eat a turkey wrapped in bacon. I might even cook one. That is just - awesome. : )
    Happy Thanksgiving Allison, and all of my sister Word Whores. I am thankful for all of you, and for the opportunity to be part of this blog. Hugs all 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally join you and Kerry in devouring that bacon turkey.

    Hope your Thanksgiving was all sorts of awesome.

    ReplyDelete