Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Plenty & Blessings

by Linda Robertson

Before I even pretend to hit the topic, I want to wish Diana C a very happy birthday today!!!

Our theme this week is in sync with the pending holiday and as you might expect, I am extremely grateful (and stoked) that my fifth book WICKED CIRCLE will be released in a little more than a month. But I plan on squee-ing a lot about that later.

Today, the blessing that is on my mind is truly a special one. Often, the blessings you have are the people around you. Someone very dear to me has done something…something that was difficult. Something unpleasant. Something that needed done for so long. Something that no one else could do.

I am blessed to know this person in general, but doubly so to know them now, at this point in their life where the strength and courage that I always saw, they can now see. I saw the value, the worth. I had faith. Now they have a growing sense of that as well, as evidenced by their recent actions.

Yes, I’m being mysterious on purpose and, no, I’m not going to elaborate. I don’t need to.

The point is that there are people in your life and sometimes they struggle. Sometimes they run and hide. And sometimes, the blessing is in celebrating the growth, the fortitude, and the battles won that keep your dear ones as your near ones.

I am so proud of you.

2 comments: