|My New Year's Wreath of dried flowers|
I'm not a big picture planner or terribly organized about the outcomes. I maintain a general idea of what I want to accomplish and I work toward that as best as I can. But I'm always aware that life has twists and turns, so I go with the flow too.
And I don't really "plan by the year". But ok, my general thoughts for 2016:
1. Release four books and two audiobooks.
- I have one completed and fully edited manuscript - Lady of the Star Wind, a portal fantasy romance at about 125K words. It's on hold for the moment while I work on the next book in my Star Cruise series. I think my readers would prefer to have that SFR next, you know?
- As far as Star Cruise: Outbreak is concerned, I'm at about about 20K words on the first draft and moving forward. I have a cover!
- I want to write the sequel to Wreck of the Nebula Dream this year. I want to write the sequel to Dancer of the Nile this year. I want to write the story of Johnny, from Mission to Mahjundar. I have oh-so-many other ideas but those are the ones I plan to TRY to get done. Unless I fall madly in love with some brand new plot. I make no promises!
- My wonderful audiobook narrator Michel Riffle is beginning work on Star Cruise: Marooned now so I will have that one released in a couple of months. I think before 2017 rolls around we might get another one done.
2. Meet tons of readers at the RT Booklovers Convention in Las Vegas! I'm doing a panel on science fiction romance; co-hosting the Intergalactic Bar & Grille event with other authors and doing the big book signing. Fun will be had!
3. Make it to Romance Writers of America Nationals in San Diego.
4. Continue to blog for USA Today Happily Ever After and also Amazing Stories, where I just joined the team. And I'd never give up being the Saturday Word Whore, or my Here Be Magic group.
5. Surprises and adventures!
6. The two goals ALWAYS on my list but not in my personal power to achieve? Win the big Lotto jackpot and see one of my books made into a movie! (Hey, a girl can dream big, right?)
So there you have it. (Jake the Cat says to tell you his goal is to be petted, amused and fed, and have warm places to sleep by the way. Keanu the Cat wants much the same but also to NOT have his photo taken or ever be required to darken the vet's door again.)