Saturday, January 2, 2016
Jeffe's Goals for 2016 (eep!)
Only I'm no saint!
Also - the black cat in the box, white cat out of the box thing amused me no end. Surely there's a metaphor there somewhere.
For those wondering? I feed them both.
So, this week at the Bordello, we're talking about our goals for 2016. The particular rub here is that we'll revisit our posts in the last week of the year and see how we did. Public accountability! Potential humiliation! What's not to love?
Though this was totally my idea - *waves to fellow Word Whores* - I confess this public committing to THINGS has me nervous. Normally I'm a fan of only setting my sights on stuff within my control, but this is a year of taking Leaps of Faith for me. So, here goes:
1) in 2015 I made twice as much from writing as in 2014, but in 2014 I made five times as much as in 2013. Since I'm no longer working the day job, I *really* need to make a living wage from writing this year, so I really want that every-other-year thing to kick in. Five times what I made in 2015 would be awesome. Putting it out there.
2) My agent has a book out on submission for a new epic fantasy series. It's a rework of the second novel I ever wrote and I love so much about it. In 2016, I want to either see it published or firmly in the publishing pipeline.
3) We're also going out on submission with a new contemporary romance, the first in a trilogy. That one is getting published in 2016, one way or another.
4) I have a third series that's been parked for over a year. The first one is going out in 2016 or it's in an amazing confirmed pipeline. Enough already.
5) I'm making this last one vagueish. I have numerous plans. Hopeful plans to help secure the future for me and my hubs. This is the blogging equivalent of throwing my prognostication penny in the well of good fortune. I totally promise that, at the end of the year, I'll report back on what worked. But I'm too superstitious to unveil them beforehand.
*deep cleansing breaths*
Anyone else want to set out some goals? If you do, I'll invite you to guest on my post at the end of the year to report!
Have an amazingly wonderful 2016 everyone!