Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Infrequently (So As Never to Be) Asked Questions

I know this will come as a shocker to all of you, dear readers, but...

~whispers~
Questions aren't asked of me. 

Not frequently. Not infrequently. Not randomly or after great consideration.  It's part of the "unpublished author" territory.

For the sake of contribution, however, here is a clip from two Australian radio hosts during the Perth Writers Festival in 2011 discussing what makes a great author-interview and those "tricky" interviews with better known authors.


 

7 comments:

  1. LOVED that interview with interviewers you posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I laughed when she said, "I'm a Jewish grandmother. I'm not going to be bullied by some little..."

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. "I like an author--when they come on--that there's a long half second while they think of an answer...and it's magic."

      Delete
  3. I didn't have time to watch this video yesterday. Love it! I particularly love the bit about that magic moment. It's awesome for me, too, when someone asks me a *really* interesting question that makes me think about my books/work in a way I never have before. Regina Small is good at it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's interesting to hear a professional interviewer's perspective on what makes and breaks a live interview. Ego--too much or too little--being the crux.

      Delete