|Inner Cover of Erwin Schrott's Album "Rojotango"|
- Battlefield scenes? Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky
- Protagonist clawing her way out of her lowest point? It's a long playlist with 3 Days Grace in heavy rotation.
- Smug Badassery? It's a Blues playlist with Joe Bonamassa leading the charge.
- A Dark Seduction? Give me Kristopher Dommin
- Building tension between could-be lovers? It's all Hot Schrott (okay, his first name's really Erwin, but still...)
- Assassin creeping up on their prey? Not one note of music. (Wha? I can't announce their presence!)
Yes, yes there are those days when the music is a distraction not an aid. It doesn't take much for me to get distracted by lyrics, so when scenes are fighting me, I go for the instrumentals. I blame our Thursday Whore, Mrs. Pang for the long playlist of everything David Garrett.
When certain scenes refuse. to. be. written. I can't let silence reign. That's when 642 ideas for different books fill my head or how awesome it would be paint a dragon crawling down my fireplace.
How about you, dear reader, do you have a song or an artist guaranteed to get you a specific mood? What mood? What artist? What song?