Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

By Linda Robertson...via iPhone.

Yay for the Red, White, and Blue!

Living in the Land of the Free (because of the Brave) we enjoy many freedoms, and choosing to write a book about any topic and pursue that publishing dream is part of that awesome wide open freedom landscape. We can even choose what kind of publisher. Of course they have to be willing as well because freedom gives them choices too.

I had given up on big publishers and queried small presses with the first book of my Persephone Alcmedi series. In the end, that small press was acquired by Simon & Schuster in a co-publishing deal. So, I ended up with the benefit of a large press's widespread mmp distribution.

That was a big deal at the time. But in those few short years, ebooks have come a long, long way. Looking at the future, I guess the format of my stories is less important than still writing them. That's the freedom I want to keep partaking of.

I hope you are all out celebrating with loved ones today! Enjoy!

1 comment: