Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What Don't You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

Remember that imagination-provoking question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Remember when that question turned into, "In what are you going to major?"

Remember when the first time reality slapped you in the face and told you you couldn't be doctor-spy-starlet because you'd flunked science, didn't know seven languages, and couldn't remember your lunch much less your lines?
~sob~

Once I'd endured that rather unfortunate dream-crushing meeting with reality, I was bereft, adrift, and well...clueless. What to do with my life? How would I earn a living? Who would give me a penthouse office in Geneva?

 What? A girl can dream.

Without any notion of what "realistic" and "practical" job I could acquire, I determined to figure it out by process of elimination. I've made grand strides in discovering what I don't want to be by taking a turn through the following industries:

Retail, Banking, Oil, Recruiting, Oil, Media 

Technically, I'm not done playing with Media. I just prefer to be on the "talent" side of the industry.

Photo: http://www.motifake.com/aim-high-goals-demotivational-posters-151829.html

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think knowing what you DON'T want to do is more important than knowing what you do want. Like, I'd never want to be a whale flenser, for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally had to look up "whale flenser." Now I know you are absolutely correct, I have no desire to that ... ever.

      Delete